Now in its 54th year, CAR is the largest selling specialist male interest magazine in South Africa. According to AMPS 2010AB CAR reaches an average of 923 000 men and 185 000 women each month – and does so more cost effectively than any other comparable magazine title.
The official website of CAR magazine, South Africa’s top selling motoring magazine, CARmag.co.za [incorporating CARtoday.com] has a variety of advertising opportunities for motor and non-motor related advertising in the form of traditional banners, buttons, skyscrapers, icatchers/floaters, sponsorships and more.
Contact us – feel free to call one of our sales representatives should you need a detailed presentation. We’ll gladly prepare a tailor-made proposal for your market segment.
Top 10 reasons
- CAR is a multi platform advertising medium and according to AMPS 2010 AB reaches 1 108 000 per issue
- Average sales per issue are 78 391 (June Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“Ã¢â€Â¤ Sept 10Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ») but we also reach 68 000 unique users through CARmag.co.za, 102 000 through MXIT and around 20 000 via our newsletters and mobile subscribers. We also have a meaning full Facebook following and are active on Twitter and YouTube
- According to CREAM , 748 000 or 65% of CAR readers earn over 25K per month and a staggering 36% earn over 50Kpm
- CAR reaches the full spectrum of the South African demographic and now reaches more readers of colour than ever before. (54% are black)
- CAR acquires readers when theyÃ¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ»re young and becomes a life-long friend – 23% are under 34 and the biggest age group is 35-49 years which represent 34% of our readership.
- CAR is more than just a magazine, it is part of South AfricaÃ¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ»s history as has documented motoring in this country for more than half a century. Its continued success can be attributed to the magazineÃ¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ»s respected reputation as a consumer Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Â¬ÃƒÂºbibleÃ¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¿, giving solid, considered advice to those in the market for a new car through proper road tests. The backbone of the magazine remains its superior technical expertise, giving it the ability to cut through the nonsense of press releases and get to the facts.
- CAR is the most highly acclaimed motoring title winning numerous PicasÃ¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ» , Admag awards and has been recognized as the coolest magazine amongst teens by the Generation Next survey. The recent CREAM survey got readers to describe CAR and the most commonly used descriptors were: authoritative, unbiased, accurate, up to date and credible.
- CAR reaches twice as many readers than any other automotive title and five times more than any of its traditional general interest automotive competitors
- CAR is not only the biggest motoring title but is also the biggest menÃ¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ¶Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ§Ã¢â€Å“ÃƒÂ»s interest title 10. 87% of readers can be classified as thorough readers and an impressive 80% accept or even enjoy the ads in the magazine.
|AMPS 2010 AB||1 108 000|
|Website Unique Users||46 463|
|Webletter – subs||17 417|
|Mobile Web||13 372|
|Facebook Fans||11 167|