- Image gallery
Cape classic car and bike enthusiasts are encouraged to head to Timour Hall in Plumstead, Cape Town, to catch some of the great golden oldies and some more modern machinery on display this weekend, 18-19 January.
Hosted annually by the International Police Association since the show’s inception in January 2000, the event has become increasingly popular with exhibitors and members of the public – especially when the organisers decided to include modern and future classics in the event. The older vehicles have since always been displayed on the second day of the event.
While enthusiasts of all ages can revel in the glory of beautiful automobiles, the real winners are the charitable organisations to which the proceeds go. In 2007, R10 000 was donated to Robertson House in aid of victims of spinal injuries and in 2008, R10 000 was donated to the SA Burn Foundation towards the printing and distribution of their new “Learn Not to Burn” program for pre- and primary schools. In 2009, the organisers donated R10 000 to Tape Aids for the Blind, to help visually impaired people keep entertained, educated and generally informed. The 2010 beneficiary was the Chaeli Campaign, who also received R10 000 towards their initiatives.
To participate in any way or for further information, please contact the organisers at email@example.com or on 021 797 2582.
1.The entry fee for the 2014 show is R20 per person
2.Public parking is available only at Timour Hall Primary School on Gabriel Road. Visitors are encouraged to park their vehicles there and walk down Timour Hall road to the venue.
3.There will be no public parking at the venue this year. Only DISABLED parking will be allowed on-site.
4. The show is open to the public from 10:00 – 16:00 each day.
5. There are no disabled facilities on-site.
6. There is limited Halaal & no Kosher catering on-site.
7. None of the vehicles from the Saturday display will be on display on Sunday.
8. Members of the public are welcome to donate to this year’s chosen charity. Simply ask any of the ticket sales assistants for help.
9. The venue is at the bottom of Timour Hall road, off Gabriel Rd in Plumstead. For maps, please see the venue website at www.timourhall.com