As has become tradition here at CAR magazine, we performed a series of drag races at the 2017 iteration of our annual Performance Shootout. This particular match-up? The chest-thumping Roush Mustang (Stage 3), with its 5,0-litre supercharged V8, takes on the diminutive Smart ForTwo Brabus, which makes do with a tiny turbo-triple.
Bit of a mismatch? That’s an understatement … so we decided to give the 80 kW Brabus a healthy head-start. Let the banter begin.
More Performance Shootout 2017 videos:
- Drag race: Nissan GT-R vs. Audi R8 V10 Plus
- Drag race: Mercedes-AMG SL65 vs. Roush Mustang
- Drag race: BMW M2 vs. Porsche 718 Boxster S
- Drag race: Roush Mustang vs. Smart ForTwo Brabus
- Track test: Audi R8 V10 Plus quattro S tronic
- Track test: McLaren 570S Coupé
- Track test: BMW M4 Coupé GTS M-DCT
- Performance Shootout 2017 Highlights