Following a disappointing start to the season, Sabat's rally team of Michele Lupini, Gary Kingsley-Wilkins and the Sabat Toyota Tazz team trek to Cape Town with the intention to turn things around in the Toyota Dealers Cape Rally on 30-31 May. -
- Following a troubled start to the season, the team at least heads south in the knowledge that it enjoyed a strong finish in the weekend's Toy-Toy PMC regional and that the Sabat Tazz is running well. "But that's rallying," Lupini shrugged. "We have enjoyed long periods of success in the past, and with the ups come the downs - if it hasn't happened to you, you have not raced or rallied enough..." -
- "We're hoping that we'll come back from this one with something a little more positive to report. "Luckily, the class is still wide open as we're not the only ones who've battled and the season's still a pup," Lupini concluded, "so we're hoping to turn it all around in the Cape." -
- The Sabat Batteries team running on Sasol Dual Fuel and Dunlop tyres competes in class A5 of the Sasol Dual Fuel SA National Rally Championship. Its biggest competition will be reigning A5 champions Rodney Visagie and Carolyn Swan in a similar Total Tazz, Allen Worms and Cirian Nunan's Lessan Engineering Tazz and the Sasol Dual Fuel Junior Team VW Citis of the impressive 'Zulu Impis', Nkhosinathi Nzimandli and Fani Fani Meyiwe and Gugu Zulu and Dave McGregor. -
- The 198km 12-stage Toyota Dealers Cape Rally starts at 15h00 Friday from Pick n Pay Brackenfell, moving to the Paarl Rock and Stellenbosch forest stages and ending at the Pick n Pay Brackenfell car park stage starting18h15. Saturday sees teams heading to Botrivier and Bredasdorp, before returning to Brackenfell High School to finish at 17h30. -
- For further info, please visit www.sasolrallyscene.co.za or call 08 22 33 4321.