Earlier this year, information and pictures of BMW’s M3 Convertible broke cover and gave everyone a taste of what to expect when the vehicle is officially unveiled at the Geneva Show in March. Now the local pricing for this Beemer has been released, along with prices for other upcoming models.
The M3 Convertible’s 309 kW 4,0-litre V8 produces 400 N.m at 3 900 r/min, and will reportedly sprint from standstill to 100 km/h sprint in 5,3 seconds. The M3 Convertible will receive a retractable hard top that is believed to add 100 kg to the vehicle’s overall kerb weight.
Both the M3 Convertible and Coupé will be available with BMW’s new seven-speed M DTC dual-clutch transmission as an optional extra as of May. The M DTC transmission is similar to VW’s DSG gearbox in its workings: pre-engaging the next gear for smoother, swifter upshifts and shaving 0,2 seconds off the manual’s 0-100 km/h time.
The M3 Convertible will set you back R744 500, while models equipped with BMW’s new M-DCT transmission will cost about R783 500 for the Convertible, R702 000 Coupé and R673 000 for the saloon.
BMW is also planning to launch the 1 Series Coupe in late February. March will see the launch of the BMW M3, X5 3,0sd and the Mini Clubman in later in the month, while May will herald the local launches of the BMW 1 Series Convertible and M3 Convertible.
Prices of upcoming models from BMW and Mini:
- BMW 120d Coupe R283 000
- BMW 120d Coupe AT R297 500
- BMW 125i Coupe R294 500
- BMW 125i Coupe AT R310 100
- BMW 135i Coupe R364 000
BMW 135i Coupe AT R379 600
- BMW M3 Sedan R634 000
- BMW M3 Sedan M-DCT R673 000
- BMW X5 3,0sd R627 500
1 Series Convertible
- BMW 120i Convertible R299 500
- BMW 120i Convertible Automatic R315 100
- BMW 125i Convertible R344 000
- BMW 125i Convertible Automatic R359 600
- BMW 135i Convertible R420 000
- BMW 135i Convertible Automatic R435 600
- MINI Cooper Clubman R205 500
- MINI Cooper Clubman Automatic R220 560
- MINI Cooper S Clubman R255 500
- MINI Cooper S Clubman Automatic R270 560