Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG have added new models to its compact car line up. After several spy pics surfaced on the Internet in the past few months, Daimler AG has now released the official pictures and information of the new CLA Shooting Brake.
Building on the design of its larger CLS Shooting Brake sibling, the Mercedes-Benz offers a mix between the compact four-door design and that of an estate.
Tobias Moers, chairman of the board of management at Mercedes-AMG said the following regarding the launch of the new CLA45 AMG Shooting Brake:
“The continued high demand for our high-power compact models more than justifies our decision to launch another exceptionally dynamic high-performance car in the form of the new CLA 45 AMG Shooting Brake”.
There are a few important factors to consider with the new model. Owing to the roof the now slopes down higher than the four-door version, Mercedes-Benz promises more rear headroom while the luggage capacity increases to a claimed 1 354 litres.
Under the bonnet is the same 2,0-litre, turbocharged, four-cylinder engine developing 265 kW and 450 N.m. Mercedes-AMG claims a 0-100 km/h acceleration time of 4,7 seconds and top speed is limited to the usual 250 km/h.
As is the same with the GLA45, A45 and standard CLA45 AMG models, the 7-speed AMG Speedshift DCT transmission and the all-wheel-drive system allows for quick and efficient pull always from the traffic lights… when necessary.
The following standard and optional specification will be available, as stated by Mercedes-AMG:
- Adaptive Brake
- Attention Assist
- Collision Prevention Assist Plus
- ESP Curve Dynamic Assist
- Active bonnet
- AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel at front
- AMG floor mats
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Audio 20 USB multimedia system
- Brushed stainless steel sports pedals
Customers are able to lend their CLA 45 AMG Shooting Brake an even more individual touch by opting for the Exterior Carbon-Fibre package, the AMG Night package or the AMG Exclusive package.
Overview of further attractive optional extras (selection):
- Red painted brake callipers with AMG lettering in black
- Carbon-fibre exterior mirror housings
- Carbon-fibre trim
- Performance exhaust system
- Performance steering wheel
- Performance seats
- 8 x 19-inch multi-spoke light-alloy wheels painted matt black,rim flange in high-sheen finish, with 235/35 R 19 tyres
- Comand Online
- Load compartment floor with aluminium strips and lockable aluminium handle
- Distronic Plus proximity control system including Coillision Prevention Assist Plus
- Lane Tracking package including Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist
- Easy-Pack tailgate
- Intelligent Light System
- Load Compartment package
- Electric panoramic sliding glass sunroof
Expect the Mercedes-AMG CLA45 AMG Shooting Brake to arrive in South Africa early next year. Closer to the time the pricing structure and final, local, specification will be released.