Peugeot South Africa has added a new diesel-engined model to its RCZ line-up in a bid to offer a touch of frugality to the eye-catching 2+2 coupe.
The RCZ 2,0 HDi is powered by a 1 997 cm3 turbodiesel powerplant developing 120 kW at 3 750 r/min and 340 N.m of torque between 2 000 and 3 000 r/min. Mated with a six-speed manual gearbox, this unit returns 5,3 litres/100 km on the combined cycle and emits 139 g/km of CO2.
In keeping with the RCZ’s sporty styling, the performance is reasonably swift with the 0-100 km/h sprint despatched in 8,2 seconds on the way to a 220 km/h top speed.
The brace of 1,6-litre turbocharged engines remain unchanged with outputs of 115 and 147 kW/240 and 275 N.m of torque. The 115 kW version can only be had with a six-speed automatic transmission while the 147 kW model features a six-speed manual ‘box.
In terms of standard specification, all three derivatives feature the following:
– auto-on functionality for both the directional xenon headlamps and windscreen wipers
– front and rear parking sensors
– tyre pressure monitor
– dual-zone climate control
– cruise control with speed-limiter
– electrically-adjustable and heated leather seats
– an MP3-compatible CD audio system with integrated Bluetooth hands-free functionality and USB/auxiliary inputs.
All three RCZ models are covered by a three-year/100 000 km warranty, and a five-year/100 000 km maintenance plan.
Peugeot RCZ 1,6 THP 115 kW AT R362 104
Peugeot RCZ 1,6 THP 147 kW MT R376 355
Peugeot RCZ 2,0 HDi 120 kW AT R366 500