You don’t fully appreciate something until it’s gone, and the owner of this BMW E30 that spontaneously went up in flames felt that in droves as his Gusheshe went up in flames in front of his eyes.
A short video uploaded to social media showcases the moment when a fellow South African’s sultry two-door Bavarian caught alight in a matter of moments. Whether or not the E30 in the video is a genuine 325iS was not confirmed. Consensus points to the E30 suffering from a fuel leak, which could have been the cause of the car’s spontaneous combustion.
In seconds, the small fire evolves into a blaze that completely encapsulates the car’s front end. Undoubtedly frantic and in a panic, the driver of the Gushehe jumps out to try and subdue the fire, but to no avail. The video ends shortly after, and the status of the car is unknown, but it is safe to say that the damage done would have significantly affected the car’s beating heart and supporting components found in the engine bay.
If it was a real 325iS and not just a lower-spec model wearing the skin of one, this could be a very expensive loss for the owner.
What do you think was the cause of the fire and do you think the car could be salvaged? One of South Africa’s favourites; the BMW E30 Gusheshe suffered the misfortune of catching alight in a public demonstration. Think it can be fixed?