Ford enjoyed a third consecutive month as South Africa’s best-selling bakkie after edging out Isuzu’s D-Max and Nissan’s NP200.
Over the last few years, Ford South Africa has seen a significant infusion of capital. How much money are we talking about here? The massive Silverton Assembly Plant has received yet another upgrade to help with the production of the next-generation Ranger, costing a total of R15,8 billion. For the first time in a few months, the Hilux had to settle for fourth place on the list of South Africa’s most popular bakkies.
Domestic sales of new light commercial vehicles, including bakkies and minibusses, fell 6.9% year on year in July 2022 to 9,547 units, primarily due to Prospecton’s inability to manufacture the Hilux and Hi-Ace.
10 best-selling bakkies in South Africa for July 2022
1. Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger defended its crown for the third month in a row after selling a total of 1,838 units
2. Isuzu D-Max
In second place we have the Isuzu D-Max which sold a total of 1,602 units
3. Nissan NP200
Getting onto the podium in third, we have Nissan’s NP200, selling 1,213 units in July
4. Toyota Hilux
Disrupted by the closure of its Prospecton plant in April because of flood damage, Toyota’s Hilux still sold the fourth most Bakkies in July, a total of 1, 012 units.
Mahindra, bolstered by the addition of three new models, sold 847 units.
See the top 10 list of best-selling bakkies in July 2022
1. Ford Ranger – 1,838 units
2. Isuzu D-Max – 1,602 units
3. Nissan NP200 – 1,213 units
4. Toyota Hilux – 1,012 units
5. Mahindra Pik Up – 847 units
6. Nissan Navara – 561 units
7. GWM Steed – 365 units
8. GWM P-Series – 279 units
9. Toyota Land Cruiser 79 – 252 units
10. Volkswagen Amarok – 115 units
More From CarMag:
- South Africa’s 10 Best-Selling Cars in June 2022
- Suzuki Breaks Another Record
- Who is on top of the sales charts in July 2022 – a detailed look
- Toyota tops sales charts once again after strong July
- More News From CarMag